OLD ALWOODLEY - in Photographs
14. Alwoodley Old Hall c. 1930. This ancient site was occupied in the medieval period by the de Alwoodley family and then, through marriage, passed to the Frank family. In 1638 they sold it to Sir Gervase Clifton who was almost certainly responsible for building this fine hall dated 1640. The estate eventually came into the hands of Henry Barran who played a critical role in the creation of Sand Moor Golf Club which officially opened in 1926.