OLD ALWOODLEY - in Photographs
26. King Lane at the junction with Alwoodley Lane in 1935. Road widening was an essential part of the opening up of this area for housing. To the left of the pile of sand can be seen the old guide post of 1764 . The hoarding to the right of the picture states that the site is reserved for a 'fully licensed hotel'. It was never built. Compare this view with picture 12!