OLD ALWOODLEY - in Photographs
32. The Avenue in 1948. In the period immediately following the Second World War a valiant group of local people banded together to hold Bring and Buy Sales, Dances, Card Parties and Raffles to try and raise enough money to build Alwwodley Community Hall. With the help of additional private donations, volunteer labour and helpful contractors, the hall aopened without debt on the 12 February 1949.